Most companies now develop products with teams that span geographies, time-zones, cultures and even enterprises. In this module, we will learn the best techniques for managing the collaboration infrastructure and for designing the collaboration culture for lightning-speed product development.
Some product development leaders have begun to achieve performance similar to collocated teams by using the internet to achieve ‘virtual collocation”. A few have even surpassed that performance, learning to take advantage of the geographic and cultural diversity rather than seeing it as a necessary evil.
TechZecs, LLC offers a one-day training workshop for executives and professionals on how to collaborate. This workshop is in the form of thought provoking exercises and best practice sharing.
- Benefits, Risks & Pitfalls of Collaborating
- Tools and Techniques
- Applications can be roughly categorized into six types of collaboration:
- Knowledge Inventory Building and Sharing
- Brainstorming, strategy calibration and decision making meetings
- Technical collaboration
- Project Workflow and Task Coordination Tools
- Trust and team building
Benefits to Attendees:
- Discuss the merit of various types of collaboration tools available today.
- Understand the types of human behavior and leadership styles change that must take place.
- Reinforce basic principles of robust project management, effective meetings, team building and people management with a particular emphasis on relevant aspects for remote members and subgroups.
This workshop is designed for 8 to 15 participants and can be completed in eight hours.