Leading a Virtual Business
Most businesses now operate with workers, departments and partners that are not collocated; indeed they may be spread over large geographic distances and time zones. Modern communications tools and the Internet make it possible and even preferable to run businesses remotely, but the lack of traditional face-to-face interactions can cause fatal pitfalls. Business processes, policies and behaviors must be designed carefully to avoid these pitfalls.
The trend to “virtual businesses” is now strong. Travel is riskier and more expensive than in previous decades, and many more parts of the business are outsourced or done by remote employees and partners. But how can we communicate with our colleagues and control a business that is so dispersed without face-to-face interaction?
TechZecs, LLC offers a one-day workshop for business executives on how to collaborate and lead a business using mostly remote meetings and interactions. This workshop is in the form of thought provoking exercises and best practice sharing.
- Benefits, Risks & Pitfalls of Leading a Virtual Business
- Tools and Techniques
- Virtual Meetings
- Strategy alignment meetings
- “Mission Control” meetings
- Information sharing meetings
- Teamwork and trust building
- Other communications and leadership channels
- Telephone, eMail and Chat
- Shared remote work spaces
- Process flow and task management
- Closed-loop planning methodologies for Virtual Businesses
- Ten secrets for the success of a Virtual Business
Benefits to Attendees:
- Understand how to lead or operate in a Virtual Business.
- Understand the types of human behavior and leadership styles change that must take place.
- Learn how to execute productive virtual meetings
- Learn how to monitor and control a virtual team
- Learn a closed-loop planning and execution methodology tuned to a Virtual Business environment
This workshop is designed for 8 to 12 participants and can be completed in eight hours.
The workshop is open to a class size of 8 to 25 people.